Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

'An Error Occurred'

...followed by

'Sorry - we can't play this at the moment'

It's coming up on all channels no matter what I try to watch.  Was all good yesterday and nothing's changed my end as far as I know.  No services reported out in my area either.

I'm watching (or not) on my pc running windows 7 and in IE.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'An Error Occurred'

I know its no help to you but i have the same issue with my kindle. 

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No, that is helpful, thought I was the only one. No change from my last post, 24 hours now. Main TV working but the problem persists on TV Go on my PC. Still no fault reported in my area.

Help would be appreciated

Thank you
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just the same as Misshap and jynx1966. Error message on all tv go channels since Monday evening 25 November. Used on a windows 7 PC and ~Internet Explorer 11, so no apps to reinstall

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still no joy. 

Beginning to wonder if this is a problem with Internet Explorer compatibility.  I would check with another browser (Chrome) but previous experience says that this would be identified as a device change and probably lock me out altogether.  (I don't have much faith in TVGo doing what you would expect it to.)

Can I ask if anyone else is currently using IE successfully to watch TVGo?

Welcome to the unhappy club cj6.  Do you remember when you had your last update from Microsoft?  If it was Monday we may be onto something?

Some Moderator input would be gratefully received when you guys have a minute.

Thanks 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As an addendum to my last post, I found that trying Chrome has worked for me. As suspected, it has treated it as a new device but thankfully has allowed me to have the two. Now I just have to hope nothing else goes wrong this month so changes can be made if necessary. I hope this helps you out somewhat cj6 and jynx1966, all the best 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Misshap, cj6 and jynx1966

Thanks for using the forums to chat about this, sorry for the delay in getting back to you but I am glad that you've found a way around it - also thanks for sharing with the others 🙂

Can I ask if this solution worked for you two as well?

Also, do you have any theories on what could have started this? I've looked on our faults checker using your forum information Misshap and I can't see any outages or faults that could have caused it. So I'm curious as to what happened as well! However, at least there is a solution or work around. 

Thanks again. 

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, thank you for replying.

Unfortunately, it seems the 'Chrome' solution was short lived.  The same problem is back, this time on that browser, while IE still has the issue as well.  Problem began this evening, Tuesday 7th Jan around 8.30 pm.  It has happened a few times intermittently over the past few days but I've managed to sort it by just refreshing the page.  No luck with that so far tonight though.  Any further thoughts?  And is anyone else having the same issue this time around?

Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Misshap, 

Sorry to hear this is still an issue.

Are you able to send us a screenshot of the error you're getting?

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ressurecting this thread as it has become relevent again. Same problem, this time on my phone.

Alex, I'm sorry I was unable to respond to your question. I can't send a screenshot as I can no longer get online on my (windows 7) computer .

This time there is an error code at the end of the message: 241. 

I see others are having the same issue again.

My phone is android.

0 Kudos