cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add device for Sky Sports error

Dash145H
Tuning in

Hi,

I am new to Virgin Media as I've always been with Sky so I'm new to the Virgin Media apps.

Anyway, I joined Virgin by signing up for there top Voltz Package, giving me Sky Movies & Sports. I can watch all the normal tv & Sky Movies on the TV Go App but I am having trouble watching Sky Sports, particularly on my mobile phone & laptop.

When I look at the settings on my phone it says that my phone has been added as device no.1, but it does not show it being registered when I try looking online via this link which I found in other messages in the forum (https://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices), all I get is an Error Message saying 'An error occured while retrieving your devices please try again later'.

So has anyone else had this issue, or does anyone know how I can fix this problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Dave,

You are a star🌟....I have never seen the option to login using my Virgin TV account until you showed me that picture above. So thanks to you, I can now watch Sky Sports.

I'm still stumped as to why my account only shows my mobile as a device in the Virgin TV Go app & not online, though the main thing is I can now watch my sports.😁

So a HUGE thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated.👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dash145H 

Try preceding the link with http:// instead of https://

http://manage-virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/skydevices 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Dash145H thanks for your post here in the Community - welcome!

Has the advice provided by @newapollo helped at all?

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anymore help and we can review this again with you.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom,

I'm afraid not.🙁

I had received a message from someone, but I never had a chance to have a proper look straight away, & when I had time the message had gone.

The message said something to do with the cookies & something that could be blocked in the settings, but I couldn't see exactly where to look, so I'm no further forward & still can't get Sky Sports. When I try choosing a Sky Sports channel it tells me I have to leave the Virgin TV Go app & it opens up a Sky Sports page that doesn't accept my Virgin account details.

So if you can offer any advice I'd be grateful.

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Dash145H 

Are you using the correct section to sign into Sky Sports?sky.jpg

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

You are a star🌟....I have never seen the option to login using my Virgin TV account until you showed me that picture above. So thanks to you, I can now watch Sky Sports.

I'm still stumped as to why my account only shows my mobile as a device in the Virgin TV Go app & not online, though the main thing is I can now watch my sports.😁

So a HUGE thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated.👍

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Dash145H 

I'm pleased I was able to help.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.