ARE YOU GOING TO FIX TV GO YOU USELESS SET OF [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: ARE YOU GOING TO FIX TV GO!!!!!!!!!!!

sure they will want to help you when you speak to people like that

bellyshere
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This hasn't been working for months and i only implied an angry word because i am frustrated that a company as big as Virgin can't fix a tiny problem.

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

There is no sign that TV Go will ever be fixed, no matter how nicely you ask.

But I will try...

Would it be possible to fix the device management in Virgin TV Go so it doesn’t duplicate devices?

Also, would it be possible to clearly distinguish between devices like Chrome, whose name cannot be changed?

I would be really grateful if Virgin could make these changes.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Would it be possible to fix the device management in Virgin TV Go so it doesn’t duplicate devices?
This is not a fault with the systembut with your computer/browser clearing data. This was less of a problem when browsers left caches and people were not so security worried. Now browsers by design try to not leave identifying into. This means TV Go can not tell its the same browser once the data is deleted
0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

This is not a fault with the system but with your computer/browser clearing data. This was less of a problem when browsers left caches and people were not so security worried. Now browsers by design try to not leave identifying into. This means TV Go can not tell its the same browser once the data is deleted

How come this never happens with Now TV?   Used the same iPad for last 2 years, but never duplicated there.   Even after iOS upgrades.

Also if it is a known issue - why can't devices be deleted?  You can delete devices on Now TV, not that I need to as they don't duplicate.

E143116D-E0A0-4AC3-B89C-4FD86EF0D631.jpeg

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

iPad are different. Ipad and phones use an app, not the browser.

It can't allow unlimited chances due to licensing agreements
0 Kudos
Scragster187
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Apcyberax,

I appreciate everything people such as yourself do to help resolve issues. However, in this case there is a significant fault with TV Go that VM are failing to acknowledge or deal with. The frustration people are feeling is driven by this failure to acknowledge and communicate, basic principles of service management. 

I do not condone use of offensive language but I would ask that you recognise the strength of feeling over this issue and try to use whatever influence you have with VM to get them to resolve their totally inept performance with this fault.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i don't see a fault. Its by design.

0 Kudos
Scragster187
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Apcyberax,

I am referring to the current issue that is preventing people logging in with the error message about not using a sub account. This has been ongoing for over a week and is what I think generated the initial post. As I say I do not condone poor language but to be honest I am at the point of swearing, not just because of the fault, these things happen. What is inexcusable is VMs inability to acknowledge they have generated a fault and then communicate what they are doing about it. I am also frustrated by being asked to confirm information I have made crystal clear in my posts, I suspect this is because the VM team are overloaded. 

I have made clear in other postS I do not blame the individuals who are managing the foras, however, the message needs to get through to VM that their service management is not acceptable. I suspect you work in IT as do I and I also suspect that if our organisations performed to the standard VM have with this fault we would not be in business. Anything you can do to highlight this would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos