Menu
guz75
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

50% on demand not working

Hi,

I'm using the android tv go app at the moment and about half of the (I think just sky cinema)  on demand content is unavailable. I click on something and get this message:

Screenshot_20210611-201601_Virgin TV Go.jpg

Anyone know what is causing this. It's been like it for at least the last couple of days.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: 50% on demand not working

Hi there @gus75 

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear this is happening! Can I ask if you are able to view this same content if you use the app on another device at all? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
guz75
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Just checked on my old phone and it's the same, I've tested it using wi-fi and 4g. It's strange that it's only some films, I've checked on my tivo box to make sure I can access everything on there and that's fine so it doesn't seem to be an account problem. Have also tried clearing cache and data and then reinstalled the app but the problem persists.

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for checking. It sounds as though this is a licensing issue @guz75. The films are available via TV but cannot be viewed on a mobile device as they are not licensed for remote viewing. 

So sorry about that and thanks again for updating us. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
guz75
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Is this a recent thing and is it likely to change? Some of the movies I can't watch now are films I started watching only a week or so ago, so this wasn't a problem then. I would also have expected to find others having the same problem but can't see people on these forums having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi @guz75,

I'm afraid that I don't have access to information regarding our licensing rights, I do apologise for this. Could you please make sure that your App is fully updated, and that you are running the most recent version of the TVGo App?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
guz75
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Everything's up to date. Are you able to find out if this is an issue going forwards, if so is it just the android app or will it effect ios or is it device specific (tablet or phone)? I have a job that involves a lot of waiting around so I watch movies on my phone, mostly stuff from sky cinema which I seem to have now lost access to at least half of that content. I just want to figure out if there's some way around it.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi guz75,

I can certainly check if our licensing agreements have changed recently. Could you give me some examples of films that you are no longer able to watch?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos
guz75
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

tenet, the godfather, the invisible man, whiplash, birds of prey, the dark knight, antebellum.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming that guz75, I'll raise this with the appropriate team now, and let you know once I receive an update.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos