cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 boxes and Virgin TV Go

si1980
Tuning in

Hi all.

Brand new ultimate oomph install with 360 boxes here.

I've been unable to log into the TV go app (android and PC) since install, using exactly the same details as my virgin account, which I can access easily.

I queried this twice with customer service expecting it to be something technical that would need resolving at their end.....however, I've been told on both occasions that I can't watch TV on the go due to the 360 boxes I have.....Is that correct?????!!!

I could understand if it were a case of not being able to control the box, but not being able to watch TV online at all? I don't see what this has to do with the box, but am hoping someone can clear this up for me.

Thanks!!

10 REPLIES 10

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It can take a day or two for the changes to work their way through the system, but the TV go app still works with the 360

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for the reply - much appreciated!

There aren't actually any changes in my case as it's a new install. I did have a previous account approx. 18 months ago, but simply cant access Tv Go whether it be on an Android device, or on a PC (still same as I type this message), and just get a message telling me to try again later. The 'My Virgin Media' account works fine, and even tried a password reset to see if that made any difference, but no.....

The customer service agents (x2) told me that it was simply not compatible with the boxes I have been given, but i cant see how watching TV 100 miles away via a mobile connection has anything to do with the boxes I have.

I'll try them again today but it's extremely frustrating to say the least!! 😡

Thanks again 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remember there's a subtle difference in the different ways of watching programmes on TV Go whilst away from home.

1: There's live streaming of live channels, this is universal and should "just work".

2: There's live streaming of programmes recorded on your box. In the TiVo-ecosystem, this is done using "TV Control", in the 360 ecosystem it's "TV Go", and in both cases only available whilst connected to the same router/network as your TV box.

3: There's downloading of recorded programmes onto your mobile device, to watch away from home. Again - TV Control in the TiVo-world, but I've a feeling this isn't supported on TV-Go/360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thanks for the reply 👍🏻.

It's point number 1 you outline that is the most important/useful to me, and accept that there could be compatibility issues where the older style box comes into play vs the new.

I assumed (but wasn't sure) that the live streaming of channels would simply work in any case with it being part of any person's account, so that's very helpful....I have no idea why I am being advised to the contrary 🤷‍

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV Go app does require access to both account information and your actual box information for TV 360 customers. This is because this app for TV 360 customers is a single app performing all functions which were previously available to V6 users in two apps.

I agree with the sentiment that it can take a few days for all the ducks to line up for new customers.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @si1980

Welcome back to the forums and thank you once again for your post.

You should definitely be able to watch TVGO no matter what box you have. 

I see that you have had an account previously, are you able to let me know are you trying to use the same email address as previously? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi

I'm using the email address associated with the current account when attempting to sign-in.

The 'my virgin media' account did show another, secondary email address which I must have used the last time I signed up for virgin, but I removed it, leaving only my current email address.

Best regards 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

So you are able to log in to your virgin media account. 

Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you are getting when trying to log in to TVGO? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi

The first image is Android - the second is windows PC. 

Android.jpgWindows PC.jpg