Menu
ninjabin
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Website not working

Hi, 

I want to change my settings (web safe and F-secure) which were conveniently and automatically set to the opposite of my selection.

I have been trying for days to do that on the website but it is impossible to access this page: https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings

The page either directly displays a generic error page with "Oops, something's broken". Or sometimes it displays correctly and when i then change my settings and click apply it once again displays the error page. (screenshots attached)

What do I need to do to modify my settings? Is anyone experiencing this?

I am a new customer so maybe I need to get used to all the nice perks about the virgin media website. So far it is not working at all for me and no one is replying on the chat so not too sure why the chat is even there?

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.36.48 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-04 at 12.36.42 PM.png

0 Kudos
ninjabin
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Website not working

No one? So the website that is clearly broken works fine for all of you? I would love to hear what browser you are using.
0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

For me https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/websafe/overview works with:

• Chromium based web browsers
  • Firefox
  • Safari

Does the issue still occur when  using Chrome's incognito mode (press Ctrl + Shift + N)?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ninjabin
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried to change your settings? Just because the page has loaded once it doesn't mean it is working for you. It sometimes will show the page to edit the settings (as shown by my previous screenshot) and then when you try to edit the settings it won't work.

To be more specific 500 server error, so nothing to do with browsers or incognito mode. I have tried this on 3 devices (mac, windows and ipad) and all possible browsers. I have tried incognito. 

It doesn't work for me in any of the browsers you have mentioned see screenshots.

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 10.58.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-08 at 11.00.18 AM.png

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ninjabin wrote:

To be more specific 500 server error, so nothing to do with browsers or incognito mode. I have tried this on 3 devices (mac, windows and ipad) and all possible browsers. I have tried incognito. 

It doesn't work for me in any of the browsers you have mentioned see screenshots.

Issue has been flagged to the forum team who are best placed to take forward; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

BTW change of settings, refresh of page,  re-signing in all worked for me.

0 Kudos
ninjabin
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't work for me. I am getting this:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 2.44.46 PM.png

Doesn't work on: Chrome, Firefox, Safari. On windows and Mac OSX. Also on iPad. Also in incognito. The page will sometimes load but it is impossible for me to change the settings.

0 Kudos
ninjabin
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Attaching iPad screenshots for completeness. Do you guys don’t want us to turn off these web safe and f-secure settings for some reason? This seems like a major bug to me, broken pages on the website.

I guess I will start calling and asking you to do it for me since it works for you apparently.

D03C3CAD-AABE-4DC3-A4B8-6035C29E24DF.png

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@ninjabin wrote:

I guess I will start calling and asking you to do it for me since it works for you apparently.

Do consider reviewing my initial post where the signature clearly stated that I do not work for Virgin Media: like you, I am a customer.

Apparently, it does, as the old school “proof of life” image following shows:
2020-09-12.jpeg
Issue was flagged to the forum team earlier as their intervention is required to resolve the problem and it is hoped that you will not have to wait much longer for a response.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi ninjabin,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are having issues changing your 

So I can help I would like to invite you into a private chat, I will send you an invite shortly please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos