cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Websafe

garry6
Joining in

Hi. Is there a problem with Websafe? When I make a change I get an error message “unable to save settings. Please try again”. I’ve tried again multiple times and nothing works. It worked fine the day before yesterday!

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi garry6,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused, we are aware of an issue at present, and this has already been reported to our IT team.

We are working as quickly as possible to get this issue resolved. We appreciate your patience with this matter. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Client62
Legend

Bypass Child Safe & Virus Safe

Below are workarounds for when Child Safe & Virus does not or cannot be turned off

Changing network settings to use any Public DNS should re-gain full access for the device.

Try computers with Cisco’s OpenDNS using 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

OpenDNS provide instructions here : https://use.opendns.com/

For Google Public DNS it would be the same method using  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

For XBOX or Playstation: modify the network settings and specify the DNS manually as the OpenDNS or Google DNS numbers from above.

For Android:    Settings >> Connections >> More connection settings >> Private DNS

Set “Private DNS provider name” to:  dns.google   or to:   one.one.one.one

AJC12
On our wavelength

This happens periodically Garry. With no warning. And no helpful responses. If it was something that affected money or tv streaming it would be fixed in a few hours but so little attention is given by virgin to web safe that it takes them days to weeks to fix these issues. 

AJC12
On our wavelength

This happens periodically Jodi. With no warning. And no helpful responses. If it was something that affected money or tv streaming it would be fixed in a few hours but so little attention is given by virgin to web safe that it takes them days to weeks to fix these issues. 

AJC12
On our wavelength

I am now making a complaint to OFCOM on their website - suggest you do the same.