Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Websafe App won't open

I can't get the Websafe app to open on my phone. When I click on it it just stays on the screen with all the apps on it. Does anyone else have this problem?

This is when I am using the browser on my mobile by the way. I have downloaded the Virgin media app but that doesn't seem to have Websafe on it at all. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Websafe App won't open

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/web-safe-faqs

Web Safe only works on devices that are connected to your Virgin Broadband at home. If your Virgin Mobile is connected to your home broadband then you can browse protected.

Once you leave your house you won't be protected by Web Safe, although Virgin Mobile does include Parental Control options. For full time protection on your favourite devices we recommend you install F-Secure SAFE.

What the Virgin Media App does.
https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/download-the-my-virgin-media-app

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response but the problem is not to do with being connected to the internet.

When I click on My Apps it takes me to the App screen no problem, but when I physically tap any of the apps nothing happens. The apps should have hyperlinks that take me to the actual apps but when I click on any of the apps nothing happens.  It just highlights some of the text but does not open the app. 

I've tried it in two different browsers and with different phones but the same fault always occurs. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I responded to your original question and topic heading, "I can't get the Websafe app to open on my phone." 

You now say it's the Virgin Media app itself which is causing issues, not really the same thing.

I can only point you to the revues in the Google App Store and the advice given there.

• We’re sorry you’re experiencing problems. So that we can help you, please can you message us via Message Us on our apps Help tab or raise an issue with us on virginmedia.com/contactus.
  • If you would like some help or if you would like to share some more detailed feedback with us, please send us an email at MyVirginMediaapp@virginmedia.co.uk. Many thanks, My Virgin Media App team.

There are always the old chestnuts of course, "Have you tried the app on a different device?" and "Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?"

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

It's nothing to do with the Virgin Media app as that doesn't allow access to the Websafe app anyway. 

The problem is with the Virgin Media website viewed with a browser. 

The My Apps page doesn't allow me to open the Websafe app or any other app. I click on an app and it just stays on the same page showing all the apps. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try this direct link https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings.html
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I have bookmarked the page so should be able to go straight to it now. 

Cheers. 

0 Kudos