cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web safe settings not working

Dsavva
Joining in

I am trying to turn on the web safe settings but it's not working. I keep getting the message seen in the attached picture. How do I turn them on?

Screenshot_20230405-195417.png

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Login in the the Virgin Media online account and try the to enable websafe.

I advise that

Virus Safe - Enabled
Child Safe - Disabled ( if Enabled expect to bloc access to Conf Calls, Messenger Apps, Social Media, Office VPN, online Games etc etc .... )

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this and still get the same message. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try making the change using your browser's Incognito / Private mode.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Time VM got this sorted

Client62_0-1680885314269.png

I finally got through to them on the phone through the complaints department! They said it's a technical issue and they have reported to the tech team. It could take up to 7 days to sort 🙄

@Dsavva wrote:

I finally got through to them on the phone through the complaints department! They said it's a technical issue and they have reported to the tech team. It could take up to 7 days to sort 🙄

You were lied to, it’s not a technical issue, it absolutely hasn’t been reported to ‘the tech team’, and it won’t mysteriously be fixed in 7 days, or maybe 14 days, or 21 days, depending on who you happen to speak to next!

Hi @Dsavva 👋

Given seven days have now passed, are you any further forward in terms of getting this issue resolved?

Regards,

Daniel

No, I am still getting the same error message.

whitt_t
Joining in

I am also having the same error. I've tried going to the old My Virgin Media website but it just redirects me to the new GUI. Also tried private browser but same result.