Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Web safe and VPN

If my son has a VPN installed on his computer, will the child safe on websafe security block adult websites?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web safe and VPN

vpn will bypass childsafe

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

'if my son has a VPN installed on his computer....'

i would get him to remove it. not just because he could access adult material but because free vpn's (paid need a debit/credit card) are notorious for scams/hacking purposes. there are 'good' ones typically web browsers such as opera has a free one. most free ones though are harvesting personal info to varying degrees.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/What-are-you-watching-now/m-p/4273469#M50995 

I posted this the other day; it explains some of the ins and outs (as well as pros and cons) of VPN's.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@clarkjoey wrote:

If my son has a VPN installed on his computer, will the child safe on websafe security block adult websites?

Just because he has a VPN installed does not necessarily mean it is being used to access inappropriate content, for example it maybe used to access appropriate content that is geographically locked to specific location. If it is being inappropriately used then its removal alone will not solve the problem and other stringent controls would be require, for example limiting use of devices to commonly d frequent spaces at home.

0 Kudos