Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Web Safe settings

We have not been able to access certain sites such as the national lottery for a couple of weeks through our wifi network this includes the phone app. If we switch Wifi off on the phone we can access NL fine. Then we stated getting a whole number of sites and searched=s blocked because Child Safety settings have been applied to our network. I haven't set these and it seem Virgin haveset them as a default. 

If I go to my apps on the Virgin website and then Web Safe click overview and it takes me to an info page where I can subscribe to Internet security for £3 a month, Web Safe is on there to, I click on manage settings and it takes me back to the same info page. So no way to turn child safe option off. I am informed that Web Safe is part of my package. I am happy that VM are taking internet safety seriously but completely unhappy that we cannot access innocuous sites and cannot change settings that are preventing us from carrying out searches or accessing the sites we normally go to. I have spent all day trying to get a solution to this and I must say that I am very unimpressed with VM's customer service/support. Can someone please help? 

Andyt43_0-1605982697458.png

Andyt43_1-1605982729235.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Web Safe settings

tried https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to-use-websafe ?

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yep tried all of that, I cant get past the info page. When I click on manage settings it takes me back to the info page, i have cleared my history and cache, tried microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers and gest the same issue.

I just want to turn child safety settings off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

just tried it here.
clicking on "manage web safe settings" does nothing and simply reloads the same page again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So does VM have a solution?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

you'd need to wait for VM to comment on it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The screen shot that you have posted shows both child safe and virus safe as being off, which is not the default setting. 

Have you previously been able to access the settings in order to turn them off?

By clicking on post 4 as being a helpful answer you have flagged this thread as solved, which clearly it isn't. You can remove the flag by using the edit post options on message 4.

The VM Forum Team should be able to help with this when they reach this thread in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi Graham

Up until today i did not know about Web Safe settings, I have not previously accessed these settings. \despite the screen shot showing settings as off they are definitely on as  get a warning message when i try to access certain sites. 

The frustration is that I have not set Child Safe, and cannot switch it off.

I am also very annoyed that there is no way of contacting VM directly.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Telephone is the method is directly contacting them, otherwise wait here until someone picks up the thread

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue with being unable to change websafe settings. Now in a position where I want to turn it on but cannot. Page just keeps reloading 

0 Kudos