cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Safe Settings Loop

GTTRIS
Joining in

Hi,

I cannot enable or edit my web safe settings, the page link just loops back to the toolkit page.

I have tried multiple different browsers, different devices and as previously mentioned in other threads on here to use incognito but still didn't work. 

I have called regarding the issue but never get anywhere.

Please help this has been an issue for me for months and my children are potentially unsafe on the net until this is resolved.

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GTTRIS,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your services at the moment.

We'll be more than happy to assist! Before I can make any changes on your account, I will need to send you a Private Message to confirm a few details.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GTTRIS,

Thank you for coming back to me via Private Message. I was able to change your settings to ensure that Child Safe is now ON.

Please let us know if you have any further queries that we can help with. 🙂 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

So why not correct the web page link so we can edit the settings?

Surely that is easier than having to PM every time we want to make a change.

Or are you trying to force people to pay for the additional security app?

Hi there @Expopcorn,

thanks for your post. I have just checked this and this can be done via your online account? Are you able to try logging on then selecting manage websafe settings to see if this works for you? If not are you able to send a screenshot of any errors you see?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

I go to this page after logging in https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/toolkit

Click on Manage Web Safe Settings and it just returns to the same page so I just loop round.

Can you provide a link to the settings page?

Thank you for that information. We wouldn't be able to see the page you have linked though as we aren't signed into the account. 

We also can't provide a link to the settings page for the same reason. 

Can you confirm if this is happening on multiple browsers? Have you tried clearing the cookies and cache and tried again?

^Martin