Menu
mrp0ny
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unable to remove parental block

I'm a new customer. I'm not going to moan here about the huge problems with PAC codes, 60 min+ calls to the call centre who bump me off onto a link whilst my account was unregistered and unregeristable, caught in a loop, whilst I learned my PAC code had expired due to the sheer length of time to install my bundle.(Rang BT call centre and PAC code sorted in <5 mins - no hiding with CV there). Anyhow...

I've discovered my account is blocked for anything approaching "adult" which happens to affect my work, so anything more exciting than a cucumber sandwich with the vicar is banned. Er...hello...this is 2020. I keep going to the manage services tab, and it is impossible to turn it off. Circles again...

This is just rubbing salt in the wounds.

C'mon Virgin, why cant I turn it off?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to remove parental block

Hello

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mrp0ny
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Mike. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Mrp0ny and welcome to our community.

As you've mentioned a PAC code is this in regards to a mobile account or a media account with us? 

Is your account set up and installed? If so, are you able to register a My Virgin Media account

Let us know, Emily.

0 Kudos
mrp0ny
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

I bought a complete package. Everything is fine apart from Virgin Mobile, although I am a bit miffed that I cant seem to order wifi range extenders, which I believe I am entitled to under my fibre contract. I've scanned each room from the app, gone to the buy screen and am getting "Oops it is broken".

Anyhow, my Virgin mobile customer experience so far is extremely dreadful as already outlined. I am finally out of the loop I was in and have a registered account now thank you. Although the amount of my time soaked up has been epic and I have been without my main number for a week now, with significant consequential cost to me.

I'm waiting on a Pac code transfer which hopefully will happen on Monday on the 2nd time of sending it. I eventually got through on Friday with the new Pac code.

Ok so the remaining problem;

Through my new online account I cant remove the parental block. I have followed the instructions but the option to turn it off is greyed out. Strange but true......so asking for help. I'm an adult, have sent you my bank details and dont want my connection interfered with.

I'd appreciate some help with this pls?

Thank you 

David

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming and great to hear you registered your online account.

Did you go through this page to try remove the web-safe options?

0 Kudos
mrp0ny
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

NRe: Unable to remove parental block

Still doesnt work unfortunately. Greyed out.

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello mrp0ny

Can I please ask if this is still happening?

Please let me know asap so I can look at getting this investigated 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos