Menu
LauraB46
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Time limits

I can’t seem to find a straight forward answer to how to limit my child’s broadband. 
Anyone out there managed this? 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Time limits

That's because there isn't one.

Have a look at the thread below:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/remotely-switching-off-broadband/td-p/4718...

for some ideas - in fact it is the thread immediately below yours in thr list of threads. Co-incidence?

There is no straightforward answer to the issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi @LauraB46,

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your recent post. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your children's internet usage at the moment.

As per Howard's advice, there is some varying advice in current threads on dealing with this, and as he has kindly pointed out elsewhere we do have the Connect App, which may be able to put you a little more in control. If your children are using laptops, the Connect App would allow you to pause the WiFi to those particular devices so they will not be able to connect to the internet via the hub. However, if they are using mobile phones, they would still be able to tether their laptops to the mobile to run off the data that way, so it would also be worth checking with the individual mobile providers about capping the data allowance if this is the case for your children. 

Hope this helps,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@LauraB46 wrote:

I can’t seem to find a straight forward answer to how to limit my child’s broadband. 
Anyone out there managed this? 

Any reason you can't limit child broadband yourself?  

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
SonarUK
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

the main question is.

what are you trying to limit?

broadband speed?

parent control? time limits?

https://twitter.com/SeriousFamily