Menu
Sara2
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Setting timers for devises on Hub 3

Hi, I'd like to isolate devises and set timers for access to the internet for my children.  I've been able to do it quite easily on other hubs, but can't seem to work it out on Hub 3.  I've already identified and renamed all the connected devises, not just need to set the time limits.  Is this possible.  If so, how do I do it?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Setting timers for devises on Hub 3

HI Sara2,

This post may be helpful - just be aware childen are more tech savvy than we give them credit for and way work around this  Set-internet-time-limit-for-children 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Have VM fixed the fact that the Hub 3 didn't have working device-time limits?  For years the functionality appeared to exist but didn't work.

Your best option is to buy a third party mesh system (eg the TP-Link Deco M4 that I use), and that not only improves wifi performance, but gives good parental controls that do work. 

Bear in mind that kids today can be very tech savvy, and if they want to use the internet, you need to ensure that aren't able to use hotspotting and mobile data when you're out of the room, or piggy back on your own or a neighbour's guest wifi.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sara2
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.  This looks very similar to over providers Hubs.  I'll give it a go.

0 Kudos