cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Child Safe switched OFF but blocking sites

Mark831
Joining in

Hi there,

First time in the forums so apologies if I shouldn't post this here. I'm having the same issue with my account. I have Child Safe switched off on my account but it's still blocking sites. Any chance I can get this looked into and resolved?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the following:

• turn Child Safe on
  • try going to http://protonvpn.com/; by default Child Safe blocks access to VPN sites so access to site should be blocked
  • turn Child Safe off
  • try going to http://protonvpn.com/; with Child Safe off site should be accessible

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Mark831, and a very warm welcome to you! 👍

Sorry to hear of the issues with the child safe feature on your connection.

Can you please confirm the post above has helped resolved this matter for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi there, thanks for the response. However, the method provided hasn't fixed the issue. I'm blocked from accessing that website when Child Safe is both turned on and off

The Web Safe settings ( Child Safe / Virus Safe ) affect the internet connections & WiFi from your VM Hub, we have assumed this is what your are wishing to control.

Could it be a different situation, i.e. that you are wishing the adjust the Parental Controls of a mobile phone's data service ?

Hi Mark831,

I will send you a private message now so we can check the settings on our side.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide