Menu
Redston2
Tuning in
Message 51 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac Filtering Hub 3 - WORKS !!!

I think that MAC address filtering is working.

You need to set the Only Restrict in these times radio button, then use the time blocker to specify when access is to be denied.

This appears to work ( but has only been functioning like this for a few weeks now)

The only problem is that if the router is rebooted  then it defaults back to permanently blocking the devices specified in the MAC address filter. This isn't a problem for me !

If the router is reset then it goes back to default settings and any changes you have made are lost.

0 Kudos
therigler
On our wavelength
Message 52 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac Filtering Hub 3 - WORKS !!!

Thanks. I have tried several times ove rtge past year but with no luck. I have downloaded the new virgin app that enables me to pause the Internet to individual devices which does work but you have to do manually. There's no option for scheduling a time

0 Kudos
Stujb
Joining in
Message 53 of 53
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mac Filtering Hub 3

Best way to fix the mac filtering ussue is to leave virgin.

It worked no end for me and my latency online was less also since there's an issue with the hub 3 chipset which they never tell you about. It was patched but its still not the best.

Basically they lie/hide genuine faults to get your cash then don't care. Hence why customer support is so bad and there rarely on these forums..

0 Kudos