Menu
Highlighted
Klaus1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Mac Filtering Hub 3

We have two teenage boys with two xboxes and other gadgets - more fool us!  We want to limit / restrict internet access over night and early morning.  Can't seem to get Mac filtering to work on individual devices without having to turn the whole wifi network off. Is there a way to limit specific devices to the wifi.  Suggestions from Virgin or users much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
SH3user
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Mac Filtering Hub 3

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Hub-3-0-Mac-address-timed-access-filtering/...

Me Too. I had to buy a separate router and operate the Hub3 in modem mode. I am using an Asus RT-AC3200 which covers the mac and timed access along with additional site access restrictions and filters for dubious content. It is a little pricy but other wifi routers are available that do a similar job.

0 Kudos

All Replies
SH3user
Dialled in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Switched-On-Families/Hub-3-0-Mac-address-timed-access-filtering/...

Me Too. I had to buy a separate router and operate the Hub3 in modem mode. I am using an Asus RT-AC3200 which covers the mac and timed access along with additional site access restrictions and filters for dubious content. It is a little pricy but other wifi routers are available that do a similar job.

0 Kudos
higbos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am reluctant to buy a new router as this used to work on my SuperHub2. 

Any news on it being fixed for the SuperHub 3?

0 Kudos
SH3user
Dialled in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have been asking the same question for over a year now and is the only reason I signed up to this site in the first place. I had to give up and bought a separate router which works great.

0 Kudos