Menu
jimcannon59
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do you renegotiate when Virgin wont respond

Afternoon gang

Quick background info

Last week. Tried to renew Broadband contract (as its is increasing from £25 to £37) via my account portal recieved "oops look like something went wrong"  - tested the link via different browers with the same issue. Then I tried the chat and gave up after waiting 4 hours.

Only telephone calling option (as I am not on Virgin Mobile) is to call on the 0345 number but i am not willing (and shouldnt have to pay) 30p per minute. The last time I did this the call - including on hold time -lasted 40mins.

Today tried the portal sames issue and logged on to chat - 8:45am via the Complaints Team, eventually after a very long slow responsive chat they transferred me to the Customer Relations Team at 10:58 I am still wiaitng for any one to respond.

Logged a complaint via email but that wont be a quick response either.

Yes. I appreciate there may be a high volume of calls with the current climate but this type of customer service is shambolic and not acceptable in the 21st Century.

Please can someone confirm, is there an easier way for me to get this resolved online?

Regards

Jim

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do you renegotiate when Virgin wont respond

Last weekend I followed this process to sign a new contract (£43.50/month for M350 instead of £52 (£55.50 after the price increase)).

• Visit the VM site (Below is an example):

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only 

• Wait for the 'Live Chat' to pop up (Black box on the right hand side):

• Click options until asked to wait for one of the team to reply. Ask to speak to the 'Customer Relations' team.
  • Leave the chat window open, leaving your PC/Laptop on overnight if required (I had to leave it open for 22 hours before I got a reply, but it worked).
  • If the chat window doesn't appear just keeping clicking around the site, it will eventually.
mark1ee
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@jimcannon59 wrote:

Afternoon gang

Quick background info

Last week. Tried to renew Broadband contract (as its is increasing from £25 to £37) via my account portal recieved "oops look like something went wrong"  - tested the link via different browers with the same issue. Then I tried the chat and gave up after waiting 4 hours.

Only telephone calling option (as I am not on Virgin Mobile) is to call on the 0345 number but i am not willing (and shouldnt have to pay) 30p per minute. The last time I did this the call - including on hold time -lasted 40mins.

Today tried the portal sames issue and logged on to chat - 8:45am via the Complaints Team, eventually after a very long slow responsive chat they transferred me to the Customer Relations Team at 10:58 I am still wiaitng for any one to respond.

Logged a complaint via email but that wont be a quick response either.

Yes. I appreciate there may be a high volume of calls with the current climate but this type of customer service is shambolic and not acceptable in the 21st Century.

Please can someone confirm, is there an easier way for me to get this resolved online?

Regards

Jim

I managed to get a cracking deal through retentions this week, it took me about 50 minutes to get through on a Sunday afternoon, I called at around 13:00, I got put through to retentions after being offered a deal I wouldn't accept. Retentions agent seemed only too happy to offer the bundle I wanted for the right price. Have you tried calling at the opening time at 8 AM at all? Good Luck 🙂 

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jimcannon59,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you've had in contacting the teams. 

I have taken a look on our side and can see you have been able to get through to the team to discuss this. 

If you do require other assistance please do let us know. 

^Martin

0 Kudos