Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Family plan

The Family plan does not seem to be a family plan after all. All my accounts are based at our address, however my six sims are in my name, (and when I upgraded the sim only packs I was told all would be good, but then they put one of my daughters sims on pay as you go without telling me, when I discovered this I called (my lord, how I've called and texted in the recent months) and was told it was because of the credit checks and I'll have to wait 48 hours for another one to re adjust my daughter's sim. 48 hours later after hours on hold I'm told it's a whole month I have to wait, so I wait a month. Then I call again and am told they can't upgrade it because I already have other sims and I've reached the maximum of 5, Ive had six for the last 7 years with little problem. So basically I've been lied to all along. In the meantime I'm sold another oomph sim along with my media package (which I opened in my wife's name for a utility bill/ID) and told they will simply flip my (needed) number onto this sim (mainly because it works out cheaper and eventually I can have all my sims on family eligible plans (which they are).

Now, none of my plans have the family discount, poor daughter No. 3 has a PAYG mobile with no data when previously was a £10/10 gig package, and I'm paying for a seventh Sim which I don't need. 

CS are awful, continuously being cut off, or lied to or passed round in circles. 

I've wasted hours and hours in the last month and had absolutely no help apart from being sold an extra sim and being billed for it. 

Surely family means anyone at the same address with same name?? But I'm told to change name on account to my wife to be able to do this, do I believe them.... NO, will they cancel the existing deals I have..... YES, will I lose my mobile number....... You bet your hat.

Absolutely disgusted with CS, and the whole of Virgin altogether. They don't seem to care if you stay with poor service or leave. POOR POOR POOR Customer service for Mobile and Media 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Family plan

Hello Nevmc, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, it seems like it has lots of moving parts so I want to make sure I have understood everything. I'm going to bullet point they key aspects in this just to make it easier for us to work this out together, if I have missed or got anything incorrect please let me know! So starting from the beginning - 

• You have 6 Sims all under one account so that they all get the family plan eligibility.
  • You tried upgrading your daughter's plan, but they reverted it back to PAYG instead.
  • When you tried to get this corrected you were told you needed to wait 48 hours because of multiple credit checks. 
  • You were then told this 48 hours was actually 30 days.
  • After the 30 days you were then told you had hit your maximum pay monthly SIMs and could not add your daughter's SIM back onto your account.
  • You then purchase ultimate Oomph with another SIM on a different account.
  • Was promised you could transfer your old number onto this new Oomph SIM.
  • Now your Daughter still has a PAYG SIM.
  • You cannot transfer your number onto the new Oomph SIM so you're paying for one that is not needed.

I apologise if its all a bit robotic but I feel its a lot easier for us to see the trail by writing out like this. I am not ignoring the fact you feel stressed and frustrated by all of this - which I am completely sorry for. 

Please let me know if my understanding is correct - or if I am completely off and I need to look at it again! 

Thanks so much Nevmc.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan, thanks for your message. 

Most points are OK, just my original 6 pay monthly sims were on 2 accounts in my name and CS moved 2 over to one account when upgrading to the 5gig triple data, leaving me with my number in one of my accounts and 5 in the other (4 daughters and wife) 

I was also promised that after the '30' days my daughters phone could have the triple 5 gig, as I suspected the offers would change, I was told this was documented on the account and would not be a problem, but if course when I phoned after 30 days the person / automan told me no. 

The oomph sim was added a few weeks before as I was promised my number could easily be swapped, the oomph and VM package are in my wife's name. I was told this would not be a problem. 

So now I have 7 sims, 

Mine on one account. Pay monthly

Five others on one account, 4 being triple 5g data, one forced to be PAYG.

One other oomph associated with VM, I have no way of logging onto mobile to access this account, the system sends me round in circles. 

I don't believe I am receiving any family discount when clearly most of my numbers are eligible??

As I recieved absolutely no help from CS, in fact in my opinion, less than no help, I decided to give the oomph sim to my daughter and leave the PAYG dormant. She wasn't pleased to change her number but I worked out this was the best was for me to resolve the situation on my own, and I'm now not paying for the extra sim that I was advised to get!!

I do hope that's clear, thankyou very much for your time, 

Best regards nevmc

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nevmc, 

We will pop you a personal message to grab some details and then we can get our Oomph team to get in contact and get things sorted. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me help with this Nevmc, 

We're around if you need anything else 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team