Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ChildSafe not working

Hi,

I dont seem to be able to get ChildSafe to work on my network.  I have it enabled on the website but nothing seems to be getting blocked at all.  The DNS servers that are being dished out by the router are 194.168.4.100 and 194.168.8.100.

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: ChildSafe not working

Hello

Have you also restarted the device that you are trying to check the restricted sites on.

Regards Mike

I dont work for VirginMedia all opinions are my own.
39 years in IT.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Also try blocking a Category and a Website for testing / confirmation that Child Safe is working, for example Online Dating and example.com; a website like match.com should be blocked because it is categorised as online dating and example.com because it is specifically set to be blocked.

FYI: be aware that Web Safe's Child Safe component is easily bypassed and should not be relied upon as the sole means of protection.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

• Thanks for both the replies.  It hasn't been working since I had the line installed a few months back so rebooting on all devices has been done many times.  I was on BT before which used DNS to isolate nasty sites so I just assumed virgin did the same.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media do a similar thing with DNS queries. Did you try blocking a category and website here, Web Safe?

0 Kudos