Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child safe not working

jamill79
Joining in

Hi there 

I can’t seems to have my child safe activated 

every time it get grayed out and I get an error message saying changes not saved try another time 

can someone help please  

8 REPLIES 8

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jamill79,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to alter your Child Safe settings online. I'll be able to manually change any settings you need from my end, and I'll also get the issue raised with our IT Teams.

In the meantime, please try signing into My Virgin Media from another browser to see if you get the same issue.

I've popped you over a message so I can continue to help 😊

Beth

AJC12
On our wavelength

Hi Jamill unfortunately this issue has been going on for several weeks and there is no fix provided by Virgin - weeks of excuses but no-one has managed to change this as yet sadly.  It isn't safe for children to browse using Virgin's services at the moment - it is worth highlighting to others as well. Best wishes.

AJC12
On our wavelength

I am now making a complaint to OFCOM on their website - suggest you do the same.

I have also recently been brushed off by the team, with them stating that they are working on fixing the issue and are aware of it. I have been raising this issue for months now.

I am considering reaching out to the media, as it is very concerning that they do not appear to be taking the 'childsafe' option on their website seriously. I have invested countless hours of my life into trying to resolve this, and it has become quite stressful.

I appreciate the suggestion of complaining to OFCOM, and I am seriously contemplating taking that step. I believe that this issue needs to be addressed promptly, as it involves the safety of children accessing their services.

I cannot come up with an alternative solution to remove YouTube, in particular, from my Virgin Media applications screen. There doesn't seem to be any options available; it feels like this feature has been imposed on our family without the possibility of removing it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Suexx123,

Thanks for coming back to us. I can see that you've been speaking to my colleague about this issue over Private Message. 

They have advised you correctly in regards to this issue. I do apologise if you're unhappy with this outcome. Our teams are working hard to have this issue rectified as soon as possible so that you're able to amend your settings through the online account.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm also having the same issue. Web safe settings won't save, I've trying for 3 hours to make it save but I still get the same message.

16921077830828490271293077320883.jpg

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

My apologies for the inconvenience Mustafa35053 - I'll drop you a private message now to collect some information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Child Safe has been broken for weeks. 
You can see that from all the gripes in this part of the forum.