cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Safe not activating

GemLMM
Joining in

Hi,

I'm having an issue when I try to activate ChildSafe on my account - as soon as I slide the button to switch it on, the following error message pops up: "Sorry the changes you made were not saved, please try again" .

It's the same when I try to switch on Virus Safe... I've tried to do it using both my laptop and mobile, same problem. Not sure if I'm missing something. 

Has anybody else had this issue? 

TIA.

10 REPLIES 10

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When signed in try going to previous version of Web Safe site here https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings on a desktop or laptop device and making changes. Does the issue persist?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there GemLMM,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Apologies for the problems faced with this, just so we can investigate this further if the issue is still present I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your cooperation over PM GemLMM,

The settings are now active.

Do pop back up if you require further assistance.

Take care,

Kain

I have the same issue - please advise

Hi numba8, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you've been having an issue with changing your Child Safe settings. This is something we can certainly check for you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you to pass security. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, Im having the same issue.. can you please help.... I have tried on my mobile, chrome and explorer on my computer but still no joy! Thank you in advance 

Hi @RachelWeightman 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us. Apologies you are having issues with the Child Safe. We can certainly help you. We would need to bring you in for a private message so that we can gain account access and resolve this. Please lookout for the envelope on the top right of your web browser, or if you are using a mobile device. It will be located under your profile icon.

Sabrina

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From a desktop or laptop device consider opening a Command Shell in Windows or a Terminal elsewhere and running the following commands to help troubleshoot the issue:

nslookup protonvpn.com
nslookup protonvpn.com  194.168.4.100 
nslookup protonvpn.com 9.9.9.9

Post the resulting output here. For example below are my results:

$ nslookup protonvpn.com
Server:		192.168.0.1
Address:	192.168.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:	protonvpn.com
Address: 81.99.162.48
Address: 2a02:8801:200:1::1

$ nslookup protonvpn.com  194.168.4.100 
Server:		194.168.4.100
Address:	194.168.4.100#53

Address: 81.99.162.48
Address: 2a02:8801:200:1::1

$ nslookup protonvpn.com 9.9.9.9
Server:		9.9.9.9
Address:	9.9.9.9#53

Address: 185.159.159.140

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi, I'm having the same issue when setting up child safe. Please can you assist?

Thanks