Menu
Antonia84
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can’t install websafe

I’ve been trying to install “Websafe” on our home internet to keep our children safe online. When I click on the link nothing happens. Please can someone help!! I have been ringing and ringing virgin and have had no luck online at all!! I need to install child safe settings ASAP as concerned for teenagers safety online!! It’s so frustrating I’m really hoping someone will be able to help me on here I have wasted all last night and this morning trying to install websafe! 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can’t install websafe

Hello

Can you try this direct link https://my.virginmedia.com/my-apps/onlinesecurity/websafe/settings.html

Normally unless it has been physically turned off it is enabled on your connection when you signed up.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Antonia84
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your quick reply but that link takes me to the web page I have tried countless times

when I click on the Websafe button it just throws me back up to the top of the page. Nothing happens and I cannot try to make the internet safe.

I have tried installing the paid for safety which is also advertised on this page “F Secure Safe” 

it is useless and is not a blanket child safety feature across the home internet which is what I am absolutely desperate right now to install. 

PLEASE some one from virgin contact me to resolve this ASAP!!!!

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

websafe is so easy to bypass. if you are worried about safety its not going to really work.
Using a vpn/proxy or even just change the DNS server on the device will disable all of websafe/childsafe
0 Kudos
Antonia84
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Okay thanks but I’d like to install it anyway so at least I’ve tried x

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Issue has been flagged to the forum team; be aware it can take them a hours / days to respond.

In the meantime try browsing to https://nordvpn.com to confirm Web Safe is working; default settings will block access to the VPN website.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Antonia84, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry you're having an issue activating web safe, I know you're keen to do so. 

We're currently having an issue with customers online accounts and email accounts, so this could be linked and preventing you from activating web safe online. A ticket has been raised with our team and should be fixed by 7am tomorrow. 

If you would like me to take a closer look in the meantime and see what we can do from here then please reply to the message I'm sending now. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos