cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin TV stream Box

pepster
On our wavelength

I know there has been an ongoing trial of the Virgin Media streaming box call Virgin TV Stream ... I used to have virgin TV which I don't want anymore.

However, I would like to try the Virgin TV stream box, I am a Virgin Broadband customer... is this still available? 

20 REPLIES 20

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@1701-e wrote:

If it's alongside the V6 and as an extra box under the same pricing then it's a good deal.

They are completely different propositions. Any TV customers who want to take the new service would have their V6/360 removed and replaced with Stream. 

Gutted its not available for existing TV customers yet. 

I cant get a second box upstairs for reasons I wont bore you with, so this seems like the perfect alternative. Hopefully they will change that soon.

Dereklad
Fibre optic

Dammit i wanted one for my projector screen upstairs..

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..

I'm in a similar situation. I use other streaming sticks to access TV services on a second TV, but bringing everything together under Virgin (and adding freeview) is a more attractive solution, so I would love to get my hands on a Stream Box. A shame existing TV customers have to wait.

We left Virgin Media recently as the broadband and phone was unreliable and the fault never resolved, but the Stream is for VM broadband customers ONLY - they're missing a huge number of customers here who dont have (or want) VM broadband.

They talk about it's TV without the contract, well if you aint with VM already then it's an 18-month contract, at min. £25 a month, £31 if you want 200 meg broadband and a realistic upload speed (20 meg) - then for about 6 quid more you can have the phone and 145+ channels with TV360 thrown in, so you may as well just got for that and then you can record!!!

I want an IPTV streaming box where I can access all the UK free-to-air channels over my OWN broadband choice, then I'm happy to pay extra for some premium channels - why is it so hard to get this?  I don't want to be tied to a cable broadband installation, satellite dish or aerial!   Eventually Freeview will get their act together and all the free-to-air channels will be available over the internet, and maybe some decent boxes with record function as well, then VM and SKY will be very worried.

VM - I'll buy your stream device and pay for a subscription, but i CAN't have your broadband, cos it doesn't work!! 😞

@dazkgoodwin wrote:

We left Virgin Media recently as the broadband and phone was unreliable and the fault never resolved, but the Stream is for VM broadband customers ONLY.

BT wasn't any different when they introduced BT tv as you needed to have broadband from BT to get the BT tv service.

I left BT when I had their broadband and tv service because their broadband was unreliable for me.

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

One thing to focus on is that Stream isn’t a new box; it’s a completely new proposition. 

That proposition isn’t compatible with our core tv bundles and won’t ever be, but the hardware that we use to deliver it over IP has been used in other markets as a second box so longer term it’s safe to assume there’s something for everyone 

Hope so, we need broadband provider agnostic offerings.  I'm happy to pay for Virgin Media TV services, that bit was always good when I was a customer, so it will be great to see this available for the masses, especially with the catch up apps it supports... one box to rule them all would be great 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dazkgoodwin,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your query about the Stream box! 🙂 

It's still quite early in regards to the Stream box release, and we'll be doing all we can to ensure that we can improve our customer's experience with us. We do want to have options for customers to choose from when it comes to our services and ensure that they're on a package that suits them best.

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Dereklad
Fibre optic

Ive got a question even thow ive been banned from having 1 because ive got full package and am a top customer.

can you view your purchases or rentals on

the virgin media store with this hard to get stream box??

or will i be banned from asking questions on the stream box because ive  got a tv package.

and us people who do pay top banana for all your services ,will we be punished and thrown in a dungeon.??

im just asking,im Not stirring it up..

Cable tv customer since its inception in the 80,s.
Virgin 360 and mini box.maxit tv.350 broadband.
Playstation 55 inch lg tv and ceiling projector in bedroom..
Size 9 feet..
No criminal convictions.

I dont have a stream box because im not allowed to have 1..