cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent streaming

ShelleyP
Joining in

Sometimes when I turn on my TV with the Virgin remote the stream box won’t connect. It happens randomly but fairly often and I can’t work out why.  When the light on my stream box is white it doesn’t seem to connect but when it’s blue it does. What’s happening please?! 

15 REPLIES 15

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ShelleyP, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry you are having some issues with your stream box.

How long has been happening for, or is it just random?

Have you tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in to see if this fixes it?

Also the cabling is secure and not lose or cracked? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for your reply. It’s been happening since I had the stream box installed in December. I have tried turning it off and on again, moving the cables, changing the HDMI ports and I’m out of ideas. Just sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve even had a change in the stream box. If the blue light is on the box it will work, if the white light is on then it won’t. It’s really inconsistent. 

We're sorry to hear that, how long has this been the case? You mentioned it had been replaced, was the issue the same with the previous set up also?

Rob

Yes, same issue with both streaming boxes. It’s frustrating. Any ideas?

Thanks for getting back to us @ShelleyP on the forums. 👋🏼 

Are you able to reset your broadband connection and connect it up again?
Let us know what it does.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Can you clarify ‘reset’ please? I turned it off and on again. 

Is there anything here regarding Stream or here for general TV issues that may help resolve the issue?

Rob

Sadly no nice tried those and it packed up again yesterday 

Hi ShelleyP,

Thank you for reaching back out, sorry to hear you are still facing the same issue, I also have the stream box and when the Blue light is on it is in standby and won't work so definitely something amiss, I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can arrange a technician to investigate this further.

Regards

Paul.