cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input selection on Stream remote?

LJ1982
Tuning in

Is anyone else having issues with the input selection on the Stream remote? It seems really temperamental - quite often it will bring up the list of devices but won't move to select one. I then have to switch the tv off & on to get it to work so I can select the device that I want.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LJ1982 

It seems odd that only the TV input (source button) isn't working correctly.

When you set up the remote did you type in the device model number or just use the key testing method? If it was the key testing method then try it again, but don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Often two or three will owrk, but some more fully than others.

I do have problems sometimes with my stb remote freezing, but this is solved by giving it a gentle shake.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LJ1982 

It seems odd that only the TV input (source button) isn't working correctly.

When you set up the remote did you type in the device model number or just use the key testing method? If it was the key testing method then try it again, but don't just accept the first one that appears to work. Often two or three will owrk, but some more fully than others.

I do have problems sometimes with my stb remote freezing, but this is solved by giving it a gentle shake.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff
Device pairing on Stream, like 360, should be automatic
I've not known it not to work before