cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get Netflix at discount rate

jddurrant
Joining in

When I try to sign up for Netflix through the Virgin Media Stream service, to get the 10% discount, I nearly always get an error message. When I manage to sign up successfully, it always yanks my Netflix membership away after a week or two.

I've tried contacting Virgin Media support. I was on the phone for about an hour, being forwarded from department to department, having to explain my issue over and over again.

At some point, I was forwarded back to the switchboard. At some point, one of the reps tried to sell me an upgraded package! Why would I want an upgrade on something that doesn't bloody work?

Eventually, I was told that the issue would be resolved after 24 hours. It wasn't.

Has anyone managed to get it working, or to bend Virgin Media's customer service against its will to the point that they'd actually help you? If so, how did you manage it?

For now, I've lost interest in this discount. Frankly, 70p isn't worth the time I've wasted. I'm clearly not going to get the discount anyway. Instead, I've just switched back to using Netflix with my PayPal account.

I'm thinking of reporting Virgin Media to the Advertising Standards Authority.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jddurrant,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some problems with your Netflix subscription. Can you confirm what the error message is that you're receiving when attempting to add the subscription?

Are you attempting to add the subscription directly through your Stream box, or your online My Virgin Media account?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I was trying to sign up through the web interface.

The error message shows up on the Netflix website. It is as follows:

> Sorry, we are currently unable to complete that action. Please try again later.

Other service reps have asked me to contact Netflix support; I did so, and after making sure I was doing everything correctly on my end, they told me to contact Virgin.

Hi jddurrant,

Thank you for reaching back out, apologies for any inconvenience this is causing you, so I can try to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.