cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS1011 Account Error

ashjones01
Tuning in

Hi,

I have received my Stream box however receiving the following error code, I think its likely an activation issue as the box arrived a day early? Cannot seem to find a way of resolving however! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CheshireBlue
Tuning in

Give the activation team a call on 0800 953 9500

Did mine within a few minutes. You will need S/N from the bottom of the box and to make sure it’s all plugged in when you call. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

CheshireBlue
Tuning in

Give the activation team a call on 0800 953 9500

Did mine within a few minutes. You will need S/N from the bottom of the box and to make sure it’s all plugged in when you call. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ashjones01 

You will also need your account number if calling the activation line.

It's also possible that it's a mix up on VM's end if the activation team can't get it working for you ( your account may not yet be  linked to new box ) and it may require second level support to access the account and update the system.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

Tried the number yesterday and informed it would be max 24 hours to activate.

No sign of any activation today - tried the activation line again and no one is answering....

The TV is not appearing on my account even though the contract start date was today....

That’s strange. Mine was done over the phone and activated within a few minutes. Also, the box won’t appear in your online account until it’s activated. I had to re-iterate a couple of times though it was for the Stream box, rather than one of the other VM boxes. 

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ashjones01,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear you're facing some issues with the activation of your Stream box. If your installation/go live date is today and you've requested activation by calling 0800 953 9500 today then this normally only takes a few moments to complete, but it could potentially take the full 24 hours of today for everything to be fully set up.

If when you wake up tomorrow the issue remains and you're still yet to be activated, let us know what the error code is you're seeing on the screen at that time and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, thanks for your message. Nope still not active this morning, still showing the same error message.... 

exepaul
Joining in

I had the same code and it took virgin 3 days to sort the problem out

They have now stopped answering the phone to me, I hear the 1 min wait time, wait for 10 minutes then get cut off..

Zach_R - is this something you can deal with, I cannot find any live chat option and the phones are just not being answered? 

it took over 5 calls to virgin to get my box sorted... this company is has a real bad customer service problem!