cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can’t I add a stream box to an existing account

Rog24
Joining in

I’ve been with Virgin for over 10 years and they have tried and failed to run a 2’nd cable to my bedroom due to access issues. So,I can’t get a 2’nd 360 box. Now they have this stream box which would solve all my issues as it runs via broadband and plugs into the TV. I have broadband, phone & TV all with Virgin but they refuse to give me a stream box. I’ve spoken to CS and it’s like banging my head on a brick wall. I have various subscriptions, Disney +, etc that I would transfer to virgin if I could get a stream box. Can anyone tell me why I can’t get just the stream box to add on to my bedroom? As a new customer on the volt package I can get get a stream box and all the other bits and pieces. It is crazy that as a loyal customer I can’t get a simple little box to solve my issue and get virgin in my bedroom.. any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No they won’t do it. They are two different TV products. One is broadcast, the other is IPTV, & the broadcasters VM deals with see them as two separate delivery systems. So if VM did offer both under the present arrangements you would end up paying two completely separate TV subscriptions. They also do not interact with each other. Hence they offer one or the other. 

Sky has the same issue. You cannot have SkyQ & Sky Stream on the same account, as again it would be mixing broadcast & IPTV technology. So you could subscribe to Sky Stream as well, as it can be used with any Broadband provider, but again you would be paying twice for your TV.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks