cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin stream box no picture

Crazypeter
Tuning in

Hi. I have just started to use my stream box but despite best efforts we cannot get it to work properly.  Audio is being picked up and channels ( including Netflix) can be selected and changed but there is NO picture just a blank screen. Have reset and repaired many times, changed HDMI cable and port to ensure they aren't at fault , reset WIFI but still no change. Can I ask your advice on what to do or who to contact for a replacement as I think box faulty. Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Crazypeter 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you back.

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your service and thank you again for posting. 

Can I ask if any lights show on the front of the box when you turn it on? Are you able to turn this on now so we can run some checks?

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for the reply. The box has a white light on, starts off blue then changes to white. Sorry I missed your message and I think you will be off shift now. I will look out for your reply. thanks

Thanks for the reply @Crazypeter on the VM forums. 👋🏼

Are you able to send a picture of what is happening when you try to use the Stream services?
Let us know and we'll be able to go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Crazypeter
Tuning in

Morning. I have switched the box on now if you need to do any checks. The box turns on ok and light changes from orange to white. The virgin logo appears and if you select the "home" button it very briefly visually shows the screen but it a split second goes blank. You can use the remote to select programs and the sound reflects the choice but there is NO picture just blank tv screen. Thanks for any help. 

Thanks for sticking with us on this one Crazypeter and for taking the time to explain the fault in a little more detail 🙂

Checking things this end, diagnostics are running correctly and nothing is showing as obviously wrong. 

We can see you've had the stream box for quite a while, is this the first time you've tried using it or was it working previously? 

If it was working, when was the last time you noticed this? 

Keep us posted so we can help further. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Crazypeter
Tuning in

Hi, thanks for the reply. 

This is the first time we have tried the Streaming box and it has never worked correctly. We have reset, connected through different "source" ports and with a new HDMI cable but we still just have correct sound but no corresponding picture. When first switched on we have had a flash of picture but this goes off immediately and doesn't come back when change channels etc. All other devices work work correctly so it seems to point to a connection problem in the box. Thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Crazypeter 👋

Thanks for confirming those additional details - I'm very sorry to hear the issue is ongoing even after running the additional checks. I'm going to send you a private message to look into this further, so please look out for it in the top-right in the white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and then "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ