cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Stream using VM Hub 5 in modem mode

AMCross
On our wavelength

Obviously was working fine and then last three days must have had a firmware update

Now get your not at home message

whats the work around when using your own equipement and NOT the built in VM wifi

4 REPLIES 4

AMCross
On our wavelength

code is CS9993

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@AMCross wrote:

Obviously was working fine and then last three days must have had a firmware update

Now get your not at home message

whats the work around when using your own equipement and NOT the built in VM wifiHi AMCross 

What do you mean when you say you are using your own equipment and not the built in VM wifi?

VM's Stream box will only work with a VM internet connection, it doesn't work with any other ISP.

If you are using your own 3rd party router connected to the VM hub5 it should be working as long as you have set it up correctly.

Otherwise, according to the Stream error code pages <<< here >>>  it's a known issue with some services temporarily unavailable (screenshot below)

Have you used the /check-services/i  function? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there. 

If nothing is showing  you could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level along with estimated fix dates. 

Stream CS9993Stream CS9993

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

AMCross
On our wavelength

as their wifi is rubbish on their hub 5 i have Ubquiti access points around my house

Stream has been working on this system for months and just stopped working

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Check that the problem isn't the Ubquiti by disconnecting it from the hub and running an Ethernet cable from the hub to the Stream's power adapter.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection