cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading package is painful. No wonder people illegally stream

R55Clubman
Joining in

My painful story trying to legally watch Football

Logged in, went to Upgrade/Change Package, chose TNT Sports for £10 per month.  Doesn't say anywhere that there will be a delay in getting the service.  Why can't I just watch what I've chosen immediately?  I have order information and a code, and my updated monthly price

Waited 3 hours, nothing. 

Contacted one of the many customer services chats, and was told they "cannot match the offer, and can do it for £12"... It's on the Virgin website for £10.

After a lot of back and forth with the chat, eventually they conceded and pushed me to someone else. 

50 minutes in a wait room I gave up and called the number on the TV GO App, on the TNT Sports channel page.  Woman answers after 10 minutes, tells me my order didn't go through, and that she can only offer me £12 per month.  She spent 15 mins with me on hold trying to "match the offer"..????

She eventually concedes and pushes me to Retentions, for some reason.  30 mins on hold, I go through security AGAIN! only to be told "looks like your order didn't go through, we cannot match that offer, we can do £18"

NO WONDER people use illegal streams.  This is ridiculous.  I ordered it 8 hours ago, and I still cannot use it.  I wanted to watch the Champions League - guess how I watched it?

4 REPLIES 4

Mattb15
Tuning in

Think I am in same position.  Called gotvdroppedline got dropped, called again transferred and agreed to add for £10.  Yet still have no TNT.  Not sure I have the patience to call again!   Will cancel my renewal which I put through yesterday and go elsewhere for TV where I can amend online 

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@R55Clubman wrote:

My painful story trying to legally watch Football

Logged in, went to Upgrade/Change Package, chose TNT Sports for £10 per month.  Doesn't say anywhere that there will be a delay in getting the service.  Why can't I just watch what I've chosen immediately?  I have order information and a code, and my updated monthly price

Waited 3 hours, nothing.

Online requests generate an order which goes through to Customer Services, who then add it manually to your account within 48 hours. Channel upgrades over the phone usually happen by the time you finish the call.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Mattb15
Tuning in

Mine was over the phone order.  Over 24 hours and nothing

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey R55Clubman,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’ve had or having with your TV package, was this resolved on Tuesday for you or is it still an ongoing issue that you need assistance with?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L