cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to manage my Stream Box

Betelgeuse1
Joining in

For the last 2 months I have an error message coming up when I try to add services through the stream box. It says "Oops, there seems to be a technical glitch" and then a QR code and a link to myvirginmedia which does SFA. I've rung VM over 20 times, had 3 engineers, 2 new stream boxes and yet the problem still persists. The customer service is by far the worst I've ever dealt with in my life. Does anyone else have this problem and how (if possible) can it be resolved? Oh yeah, I can't use the Connect app either as it doesn't find my router, even after trying everything. They can't fix that either. 

I'm on the verge of jacking it all in and going to Sky.

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Betelgeuse1 👋 Welcome to our forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see you've been having ongoing issues with adding services on your Stream box, I can certainly understand the frustration with this 😔 

I'll be happy to take a look at this further for you so we can finally get this resolved. I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Hi there, can you please let me know a bit more about this issue? 

What services are you trying to add via the Stream box?   Are you using the upgrade app to do it?   When youve called in, why did they say they would send engineers rather than try to add the services for you?  

I've not been able to add anything because of the error message, however this seems to have been resolved at last. 

The connect app still can't locate my router however....

Hi Betelgeuse1 👋

Thanks for your update on this - I'm glad to hear things are now working. If possible, could you provide the details that BlueLou has requested? This will help us identify what happened and prevent it from happening to you, and others in the future.

In regard to the Connect App, please ensure you're connected to your Home WiFi when attempting to connect to the Hub. It won't allow the connection if you're on a Guest Network, VPN or Mobile Data. If this still doesn't help, try clearing the data within the Connect App. These steps will help you do that: 

Apple

Open Settings 👉 Tap your name 👉 Tap iCloud 👉 Tap Manage Settings 👉 Tap the Connect App 👉 Tap Delete Data

Android

Open Settings 👉 Apps 👉 Connect App 👉 Storage 👉 Clear data / Clear cache. 

If you don't see an improvement after trying these fixes, please be aware that this is a currently known problem with one of our backend systems, which is preventing the linking of some Hubs. We are already investigating this as a high priority. 

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ