cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream remote box not working

Sophie1232
Just joined

Our stream remote will not connect to the stream box. We have to turn the stream box on manually at the box and then we've tried everything with the remote:

• Reset to factory settings
  • Re-pair the remote to the stream box
  • Change the batteries

However, none of the above works. The box has a blue light on and the remote flashes a white light then flashes red (I presume this is to symbolize a failed pairing).

There is a virgin media tv issue in the area, but I'm not sure if that would affect the stream box as it uses the internet to stream. Although, if this is the issue, Virgin Media says it will be fixed in a week! No Christmas television then!

If anyone from Virgin Media could advise me on this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Sophie1232, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

We really appreciate you going into detail with the issue you're experiencing - it really helps and lets us know what has already been tried. I really do apologise you've been having an issue, I can only imagine how frustrating this must be. An area outage wouldn't have any impact to your remote. How are things at the moment? If this is still an issue, you're able to order a new one from here: https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming/journey/order-new-remote

Cheers, 

Ryan.