cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream box keeps rebooting even after hard reset.

Adadof3
Joining in

My kit arrived yesterday. Broadband all good. However, the Stream box appears to be in trouble.

Put simply, it reboots around every 82 seconds.

It starts up and displays the Welcome screen. Then the Please Wait screen appears followed by the Virgin Media logo. It reaches the point where you would do the Network Setup and after a few seconds, reboots.

I have tried a hard reset but the problem remains.

I guess a replacement is needed but thought I'd post here to check.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Adadof3 

How did you peform the hard reset?

Unplug the USB from the back of the box and then hold the power button on the front of the box while  plugging the USB back in. (Keep hold of the power button while doing this)

Keep holding the power button in when the Welcome screen appears for 5 seconds and then let go. 

A menu will appear. Now tap the power button to select which reset option (hard or soft) you prefer. I would try the soft reset option first, and if that fails then try the hard reset.

Then hold the power button again for 5 seconds on the one selected option to reset it. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Adadof3, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look at our side and everything is looking great has this improved at all over the weekend? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi newapollo,

That's how I did the hard reset I mentioned in my post.

I checked similar posts to yours before posting here and followed the advice in doing a hard reset.

Thanks

Hi Matthew,

I've just plugged the stream box back in and the problem as described before remains.

The box cycles through the Welcome screen, the Please wait screen, two Virgin media logo screens and at the point I'm offered the Network Setup option, it goes back to the Welcome screen.

So no change to the initial problem.

Thanks

Thanks for getting back to us @Adadof3 

Sorry to hear your rebooting issues with your Stream box is still ongoing. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Adadof3 thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R

Mine is doing the exact same thing. What is the solution 

Kind regards 

Jason

Hi Jason,

Problem solved.

Virgin technician arrived, plugged in a new stream box, went through the required setup steps and everything is now working.

This confirms my initial view that the box that arrived with the broadband kit was faulty.

If you are seeing the same constant reboot problem, I would recommend you phone Virgin and arrange for an engineer visit.

Regards, ADadof3