cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Remote - Not fully paired with TV

Nixond1
Tuning in

Hi, 

I recently took ownership of a stream box and set it up yesterday, I have paired the remote to my TV which works fine with the volume, mute and power button to control the TV. 

However, when I press the input button to change HDMI source this is where the issues arise. The input select page on the TV shows up but the directional buttons on the stream control do not work. It seems that all it does it move the stream page which is clearly still active behind the input screen. I got it to work for a few minutes and then it stopped again. 

So the annoying thing is that I still need to use 2 remotes instead of 1 (3 if you include the fire stick remote) The TV is Hisense 55E7HQTUK and has a LG SH6 sound bar which is is paired with the stream remote. 

I have tried to repair it and tried to enter the TV model number but it is not recognised. Any advice as it is annoying and clearly not up to the standard before being shipped out, a lot of work needs investing by Virgin to compete with the likes of Sky in this area.  Have I got a faulty remote? 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Nixond1 

I've had the same problem with the source button on my 360 box (it uses the same remote as the stream box) for past two weeks and haven't been able to resolve it yet.

One thing you could try though is 

Unpair the remote.:
•    On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the 'Rewind' button together for 10 seconds.
•    The remote control should now have unpaired from the box.

Now Pair the remote again:
•    Put the box into 'Pairing Mode' by pressing the Standby/On button on the front of the box for 10 seconds.
•    On the remote control, press and hold the 'TV' button and the '0' button together for 10 seconds.
•    A message should appear on the screen confirming that pairing was successful.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the response. I have tried to repair it already but it did not make a difference. The concerning thing is that it as it still operates the stream box in the background it nearly subscribed to Sky sports as I did not know it was moving the menu from behind the “input” screen. 

Is this something Virgin Media are actually going to investigate or just ignore it like they ignore most things.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Nixond1 

Hopefully a member of the forum team will pick this up for you in a day or two and help.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Fingers crossed. It’s a minor issue but it is nice to be able to limit the amount of remotes around the room 🤣 

Hi @Nixond1 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

What happens if you press the input button again, does it move down the HDMI channels? That's what I do to move it. Keep me posted.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill