cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream Box - Not Bad at all !

Brava210
Fibre optic

Hi,

having ditched Virgin Media back in November after 33 Years with UA, Telewest etc due to CS having no interest in keeping us after the contract was up for renewal. It's the First time I felt like we were treated like dirt by VM.

Anyway we are back on the Essentials BB and the Stream Box. I must say it is a lot better than I thought it would be.

Stream Box arrived today and was up and running in 15 Minutes

Good picture, DD+ Audio where applicable. the only negative is the ongoing rubbish quality of ITV X with the 25fps output "Really".

1 Question - how long will it buffer when pausing live TV?

Gary

Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Brava210 

Thanks for giving your mini review of the Stream box. Shame about the ITVX f.p.s

The Stream box operates in much the same way as the 360 minibox which also doesn't have a hard drive, so I would imagine that the buffering will only be for 3 or minutes.

It would be good if you could update the thread with your findings on the buffering as that may help other stream/would be stream customers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Well,

I paused a live HD channel and it was still buffering after 15 minutes.

Not bad at all.

Virgin BB 55MB, Hub 3, Tenda Router, Stream Box - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you're pausing within a streaming app such as ITV-X, then the pause is dependent how long that app will do so for - rather than Stream itself.

I suspect newapollo's hunch will be correct for a live TV pause.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I paused a live tv channel that did not have a catch up symbol for around 16 minutes

It was Yesterday HD Live channel, I paused it and it was still allowing play, ffw.rwd and play again

I also paused Film 4HD with the same result, the progress bar said -18.10

I maybe missing something but that is good enough.

Would it be using Virgin Servers to buffer?

Obviously viewing through an App is totally different.