cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen box shows welcome screen then black screen

trippy86
Joining in

So i set the box up in my bedroom no problems, i hsve no use for it so decided id put it in another room. Powered on and it shows the welcome screen then black.

Can confirm the hdmi port and cable works but I've also tried other cables and tvs with no issue, for some reason it does not like this Samsung TV

Checked settings and the tv resolution is set to auto but tried 1080p but still doesn't display on the other TV

Did a soft reset and checked for updates

Spent ages setting it up and signing into all the apps so I'd hate to do a hard reset

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @trippy86 

Does it work if you try it on the original TV again?

There have been a number of Stream boxes sent out with faulty power leads in the past. It might be related to that.

Do you have a spare usb power lead you can try?

Some people also found that by holding the power button whilst connecting the power usb that a menu appeared that allowed them to do a software update and then connect

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tried that reset idea no change

And yes if I plug it into my 4k TV upstairs or downstairs it works fine, tv in the spare room I'd not new only a 26" Samsung 1080p tv

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's possible that the resolution is stuck on 4k from it being connected to your 4k TV. Connect it that TV again and go into the stream settings and check the video display it's showing. If necessary change it on there to 1080p and then try it again on the 26 inch Samsung 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Already said in my original post that's already been tried 😞

Hi trippy86,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your Tv service. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look like a further investigation is needed. 

I am happy to take a look into this and so will private message you now so we can look into this. 

^Martin