cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Button

Wheldcj
On our wavelength

I am considering adding sky sports to my stream.  Does it include red button matches?

8 REPLIES 8

adampb
Joining in

I already have the Sky Sports package on my Stream Box and I attempted to access matches via the Red Button service last night. I pressed the red button on the remote and absolutely nothing happens! I tried a few alternative approaches, such as the "3-dot" button, but I couldn't find a way to access the Red Button service. I ended up watching on a tablet via the Sky Sports app.  I'd be really interested in Virgin's response to this!

Wheldcj
On our wavelength

Interesting.  That is a deal breaker for me.  Look forward to an official response 

adampb
Joining in

Yes, it' really frustrating - I previously had a Now TV Sky Sports subscription, and the Red Button content is available through that. It would be great to get an official response from Virgin on this, but I'll be cancelling my subscription if it's not supported.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Wheldcj,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

The red button content should be fully available via stream as it is across all of our other TV platforms.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @adampb 

The red button matches are generally only available via the Sky Sports Football channel (503) and often only go live a few minutes before the matches start.

You should be able to access it by pressing the red button on your remote, followed by the contextual button (3 dots) and then select the game you want from the match menu which will pop up onscreen..

The next scheduled red button games are on October 3rd and 4th - see

https://www.skysports.com/watch/football-on-sky/competitions/championship 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

@Steven_L wrote:

Hey Wheldcj,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

The red button content should be fully available via stream as it is across all of our other TV platforms.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Red button is *not* available on Stream yet, but will be once the new Red button app is available from Sky. 

In HD too, unlike the current one.  Should be early 2024.  Until then 360 is your only option. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks @BlueLou 

That's interesting and very welcome news to see that Sky red button streams will become HD 😎  Will be much better to watch on the TV via the 360 rather than using my tablet so I gain  a better picture.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

Indeed! As a fan of an EFL club (Ipswich) I still watch on iFollow/Town TV rather than red button so I can’t wait for the update!