cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Stream box

D0N
Tuning in

Have just cancelled Sky multi-room package, thinking to replace with Stream boxes, very disappointed to find out "now", that only one box per household allowed. Not adequate for my needs, so will probably cancel and look elsewhere. Wake Up Virgin and listen to your customers wants and needs

7 REPLIES 7

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

you can have multi-room with Virgin's core TV service, 360. Up to 3 boxes total. It's only Stream thats limited to one.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@D0N wrote:

Have just cancelled Sky multi-room package, thinking to replace with Stream boxes, very disappointed to find out "now", that only one box per household allowed. Not adequate for my needs, so will probably cancel and look elsewhere. Wake Up Virgin and listen to your customers wants and needs

Virgin Stream is a single Broadband add-on. The core TV product is V360, which offers multiroom via broadcast boxes. The only difference with these is being broadcast boxes they require a connection to the incoming coaxial cable as well as the internet.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I think you can have up to six Sky Stream boxes.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Sure 360 mini box available at £10 a month = £180 for the term. plus has to be hardwired across the building. As opposed to just £35 for a Stream puck.

Apparently there`s no technical reason why you can`t have a v360 main box and a stream box extension. Just virgin will not allow it !!!

Fortunately for Virgin { at the moment }, Sky only do 61 fiber speed at my area, otherwise l probably would be looking at their Stream package.

"they require a connection to the incoming coaxial cable" 

Precisely, very awkward and outdated. the reason l prefered the Stream box[s] option.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@D0N wrote:

Apparently there`s no technical reason why you can`t have a v360 main box and a stream box extension. Just virgin will not allow it !!!

The problem is VMs cable franchise agreements that don’t allow it at present. They would be in trouble with OFCOM if they did. When VM ceases to be a cable operator, which it will in the not too distant future, the situation will change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks