cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky sports red button not working

Laura_P97
Joining in

Hi there,

Is there any update on the above as I am still facing this issue despite trying the above fixes also.

5 REPLIES 5

jadenkane
Tuning in

Hi,

I called virgin up eventually after not having a decent response. The agent informed me that sky sports red button isn’t available on the virgin media puck. So if you have the small puck they offer with free view when you buy broadband like I have then unfortunately red button simply doesn’t exist. 

I’ve since cancelled the sport package.

hope this helps. 

Alright graham, 

it’s called stream. The puck. Couldn’t remember the name so referred to it as that. Stream is a very small virgin media box. 

despite being advertised as a very insightful person, your wrong. The red button isn’t available through stream (well wasn’t 100% when I had my sky sports package) and after a lady on the phone told me that the red button events wasn’t currently supported on stream, I cancelled my subscription as all I wanted it for was for championship games. Hope you get paid for your late night advice on virgin media. 
happy Tuesday

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You are correct in that Virgin Stream does not at present have this capability. The Sky Red Button services are currently provided to Virgin in broadcast format via satellite. This can be used by Virgin’s TiVO V6 & Horizon V360 broadcast boxes, but Stream is an IPTV (internet) based TV platform, so cannot access this content. When, or indeed if Sky ever provides Virgin with IP format Red Button streams (as BT Sports do) then you will get them.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Laura_P97 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unable to use the red button option on for Sky Sports. Can you please confirm which set top box you're using?  As the advice given by your fellow community members is correct.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks all. It is stream I am using thanks. Sorry to hear that a few of you cancelled subscriptions because of it.