cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky Sports App with Stream subscription

bobybobp
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm having trouble using the sky sports app with the stream box subscription. Everything works correctly on my stream box and TV (I have bt sports and sky sports).

But on the virgin tv go app on my PC only the BT sports works. 

When trying to use the Sky sports channels it asks me to log in on their website and download their sky sports app, which I have done (using my virgin media login). When the sky sports app launches it states that I need a relevant subscript to watch this program, error code OVP_00005.

I've also noticed when I go to manage my sky devices within the virgin tv go app there are no devices available and I seem to have no way to add new devices.

bobybobp_0-1662650379598.png

38 REPLIES 38

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @bobybobp 

What happens if you try using a  different browser on your PC?

A few weeks ago it was the Edge browser giving that error, although in the past it's been Chrome and Firefox that had the issue.

I would try using Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Brave browsers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @newapollo, thanks for the reply,

I've just tried edge and firefox and got the same result. I've also tried accessing the content through my mobile phone on the sky sports app and got a similar result where it looks like I don't have the subscription even though I do (lock symbols next to all the content).

I have exactly the same, box arrived yesterday subbed to sky sports, all works on the stream box, all shows up on my online account, but does not work with sky app or on the web....

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you guys logging into the app correctly?

sky sports app.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yep using my Virgin Media account details once clicking on the virgin TV icon.... 😉 all logs in fine but Padlock's on the app for every channel...

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi bobybobp

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry to hear of the issues with using the Sky Sports app. From the system check done, this would be because you're not subscribed to that package. If you log in to your online account - virg.in/myVM - does it show you are?

Please check and let me know.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I'm too sure where I'm meant to be looking on virg.in/myVM. I can't see that I'm subscribed to anything on there.

However from https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming I can see that I have a stream plan for both BT Sports and Sky Sports. I can also watch sky sports and bt sports from my stream box so I must have an active subscription already.

bobybobp_0-1662992361337.png

Hey bobybobp, thank you for confirming this.

This confirms you have do have a subscription, what happens when you try to watch it on the App?

What error message does it give you?

Also are you trying to watch it on Sky Sports Go instead of my Virgin TV GO. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew,

I get the error code OVP_0005 you need the relevant subscription to watch this programme:

bobybobp_0-1663172732530.png

Yes I am using the virgin TV go app which then directs me to the sky sports app where I get this error.

Thanks,

Sam