cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Options for the Stream remote volume control

snoopycroft
Tuning in

Hello,

I'm using a Virgin Stream with a Samsung TV connected to a sound bar via optical output. Prior to getting Stream I used an all-in-one remote which was provided with the sound bar to control the TV and volume.

The Stream remote is connected to the TV.  I can use it to power on the TV, change the input source etc. But as the TV cannot control my sound bar (there is no possibility of using HDMI ARC with this sound bar), the volume controls do not work.

It seems in older Virgin Media devices there were options to program the remote with IR codes in order to be able to adjust volume. From scanning posts in this forum there also seems to be some possibility of pairing the remote with the sound bar via Bluetooth, but the method of doing this isn't clear. Does anyone know what is possible in order to program/pair the remote with a sound bar with the Stream remote and the method of doing so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @snoopycroft 

To pair the audio go to the following link (from around 1:05)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYmfJiLO7yQ&t=23s 

I don't know if this will work with the Stream box, but I have an All In One Remote that works with my 360 box which uses the same Horizon interface as the Stream box.

The OneForAll URC7125 work s on the 360 using the SimpleSet setup process and Ziggo as the manufacturer.

I use the OneForAll1240 - if you enter code 1582, It's not as expensive as the 7125 and has 4 selects for tv/sat/amp/dvd (£12 from Amazon, £12.99 from Argos and Curry's)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @snoopycroft 

To pair the audio go to the following link (from around 1:05)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYmfJiLO7yQ&t=23s 

I don't know if this will work with the Stream box, but I have an All In One Remote that works with my 360 box which uses the same Horizon interface as the Stream box.

The OneForAll URC7125 work s on the 360 using the SimpleSet setup process and Ziggo as the manufacturer.

I use the OneForAll1240 - if you enter code 1582, It's not as expensive as the 7125 and has 4 selects for tv/sat/amp/dvd (£12 from Amazon, £12.99 from Argos and Curry's)

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you @newappollo! The video helped a lot. I my remote can now control my sound bar via IR.

For anyone else wondering how to do it....

• Go into the Settings option of the Stream box (gear icon in the top right corner of the homescreen)
  • Move to the AUDIO & VIDEO menu
  • Choose "Pair remote to audio system"
  • Select "Pair amplifier"
  • Select you sound bar manufacturer
  • You then have two options, "Start key testing" and "Enter device model number". For my setup the first option didn't work
  • I have a Bose Solo TV series I soundbar. for the model number I entered "solo", and hey presto the volume controls then started to work.

Thanks again newapollo.  This saves me the pain of trying to use another all-in-one

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for the update @snoopycroft 

I'm glad to see you managed to pair your Bose Solo.   I could have typed out the instructions (that would have been my next step) but though if I linked the video it would be easier to follow.

If you do have any more questions or issues  going forward just holler and we'll do our best to help.

Oh, speaking of help, the following page might come in handy

https://www.virginmedia.com/support/help/tv/streaming/journey 

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.