cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing CS1011 engineer unable to fix problem ticket open please can someone from the team help

handsomeinked
Up to speed

Title says it all, been having CS1011 error for nearly 2 weeks, engineer visit didn't resolve with 3 different stream boxes. Can't get an answer from anyone on the phone as to what is going on. Have the problem ticket number,. 

It’s always best to be positive but we all have crappy days.

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media Gig1
12 REPLIES 12

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @handsomeinked 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

I am sorry to hear you've got an issue with the Stream box. I have checked the IT ticket and today is the day it can be escalated (all IT tickets have a working time agreement of 5 working days), so I've messaged the original ticket raiser to get this escalated for you.

IT will be in touch with you when they have an update. Due to it not being resolved within the original time-frame, this does mean it's more complex than normal so there's not a timescale we can now provide.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @handsomeinked 

Error CS1011 is an account retreival error usually because the box hasn't been fully set up on VM's systems yet, or possibly because the box hasn't been activated.

I see you've now had 3 different boxes but what was the error and error message before you had your Stream box swapped out the first time?

Are you still using VM's DNS as I noticed that you had previously enquired about using OpenDNS? 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi John, would it be possible for you to DM me please. 

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

Stream was working until the box started turning all my AV kit off every 20 mins when watching live TV (Eco mode was turned off on everything), same thing doesn't happen when using the AppleTV box. So, replacement was sent, that's when everything went wrong and the CS1011 error happened. Engineer visit took place, factory reset done on both old and new stream box, tried activating with Hub5 in router mode, no luck, reset Hub, no luck, he called one of the engineers on the Stream box project, he couldn't figure it out third box tried (whilst engineer was still on the phone) with another factory reset still no luck, hence an internal IT ticket has been raised as, it's somewhat FUBAR. LOL 
With regards to using OpenDNS, I set my router to use Virgins' DNS before setting up the initial box, it registered no issue using this configuration. 

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @handsomeinked 

Thanks for updating the thread.  The reason I asked about OpenDNS was because I thought if you were using that then the activation signal wouldn't reach the Stream box and then the box wouldn't be tied in with your account..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yeah, I knew that would cause an issue, thankfully my router has a toggle to switch between the two so made sure it was switched to to ISP DNS so it could find the (what I assume is a authication server and a build server) to authenticate the device then download the correct profile for a UK account. 

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

Hi @handsomeinked 

Please do not send a PM unless we ask you to do so.

Compensation is credited automatically if owed, see more

Please bear in mind it's only paid out on broadband and phone.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, 

Apologies, didn't mean to inconvenience. However didn't Ofcom ruled against Sky re. this very matter. They said TV constitutes a communications service therefore is included in the automatic compensation framework. Of course I could be wrong but I'm sure I read a news article about it back last year. - Damned if I can find it now thought LOL

VM Hub5 on Gig1, Etc etc

No inconvenience, it's just we don't PM unless needed 🙂

It doesn't come into the compensation policy unless it's broadband or TV I'm afraid, the link in my previous reply states more.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team