cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No stream service for 2 whole Months

Rbutler1987
On our wavelength

I am genuinely shocked that virgin can let someone go 2 whole months from me telling them I have no stream service with still absolutely zero knowledge of what is going on.

I'm so thankful in on this trial and only paying £10 a month cause I'll definitely not be signing up for this circus show when it ends 🎪🎪🎪🎪🎪

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Rbutler1987 

What trial are you currently on? The reason I'm asking is there normally a dedicated forum for trials rather than the general forums and queries relating to the trials are usually posted in that forum, or there is correspodnce via email.

You haven't said what the actual issue is  that's preventing the Stream service from working. If you can give more info we maay be able to help from here

Are there any error messages/codes and if so which ones?

Is it stuck in a bootloop with a Welcome screen showing in various languages?

There have been a number of Stream boxes sent out with faulty power leads. Do you have a spare usb power lead you can try?

Some people have also found that by holding the power button whilst connecting the power usb that a menu appeared that allowed them to do a software update and then connect

Have you tried performing a soft reset and/or a hard reset?

Unplug the USB from the back of the box and then hold the power button on the front of the box while  plugging the USB back in. (Keep hold of the power button while doing this) Keep holding the power button in when the Welcome screen appears for 5 seconds and then let go. 

A menu will appear. Now tap the power button to select which reset option (hard or soft) you prefer. I would try the soft reset option first, and if that fails try the hard reset.

Then hold the power button again for 5 seconds on the one selected option to reset it. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hello thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately they decided to close the network trial forum to just read only (🫣 I know).

I dont get any error codes just a message saying this channel isn't available on stream for every free to air channel like BBC 1&2 ITV etc etc.

Had an issue where it wouldn't log me into the PC/Phone app and ever since they rectified that problem (which has now returned) I've had nothing on the stream box. I have told them everything I had been having trouble with, ive also added screenshots of it all but nobody can give me an answer and after 2 months still got nowhere with the issue 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Rbutler1987 

Do you still have a VM broadband connection? The Stream box won't work on any other ISP platform.

It sounds like the Stream box may possibly have been deactivated or the channel codes needs resending.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes we still have active virgin fibre 1gig (currently down as I type this message🤣)

Hi Rbutler1987, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about the issues you're having in the Community. 

I can see you're already in a private conversation with my colleague and they have passed this over to the relevant teams. 

If you have any further issues with any services not on a trial, please pop back and let us know. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs