cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Premium

Uk_B
On our wavelength

Can anyone answer this please, I recently signed up to the volt package with virgin media which includes Netflix.  I activated my Netflix account with virgin but I chose to go for the extra 5 quid to get the premium. After selecting this option I got an email back from Netflix stating it’s been downgraded back to standard as virgin would not authorise this change. I contacted virgin and was told by three different people that it should go through as it’s meant to.   To cut this short. I selected premium at least five times and each time a few mins later I got an email back from Netflix stating it’s been downgraded back to standard.    Does anyone know why this is happening as no one at virgin or Netflix seems to have an answer for this situation. Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Uk_B

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, this has been logged with IT due to the issue with not allowing to upgrade to Netflix Premium from Standard. I'll be in touch when I have heard back from IT.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

51 REPLIES 51

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Uk_B

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the Premium Netflix issue. I shall PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Uk_B

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, this has been logged with IT due to the issue with not allowing to upgrade to Netflix Premium from Standard. I'll be in touch when I have heard back from IT.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Uk_B
On our wavelength

Thank you

@Uk_B wrote:

Thank you

Yeh, but don't hold your breath waiting for it to be fixed, will you?

Uk_B
On our wavelength

hahaha

i always say thank you out of politeness but I never expect anything, when I see it happen is when I’ll rejoice LOL

Hey Uk_B, thank you for reaching back out.

It can take up to five working days for IT to investigates and resolve these sort of issues.

However sometimes it can take longer depending on the nature of the ticket.

Once my colleague hears back, he will reach out 🙂 Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Uk_B
On our wavelength

Thank You

I'm having the same trouble!! My personal opinion is that Virgin systems can't handle free +£5!!

If I were to offer a work around I would show netflix on the bill as £15.99, then give a credit of £10.99, then you can send £15.99 to netflix etc voila!!

Just my opinion as I've had no Netflix for 3 weeks!!

(I have a ticket number but no idea how to track it!)

Uk_B
On our wavelength

Hi there thank you for message. The frustrating thing is nobody seems to know why it won’t connect to premium. I’m awaiting a response back from I.T but will see,   My problem is if the upgrade is actually offered then it should be working, glad to see it’s not just me who has this issue LOL