cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Remotes

sambartle
On our wavelength

Does anyone know if it's possible to pair multiple remotes to the Stream box?

I have 2 remotes, but I only seem to be able to pair one at a time using Bluetooth Pairing. 

I'd be happy for one to work via IR but it seems that despite the pairing steps mentioning pointing the remote at the stream box to Initiate pairing, it doesnt actually use IR (and that instruction doesn't work - the only way to pair is holding the button on the steam for 10 seconds)

5 REPLIES 5

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, sambartle. 
Thanks for posting on our help forums about the Stream remote issues and your queries, we'd love to help with that.

In order to advise more we'd like to ask if the second remote you're trying to pair up with your Stream box is a VM remote or other?

Also, are you currently trying to connect this remote to the Stream box or directly with your TV?

Once we know the above we'll be eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi sambartle 

The Stream remote is the same remote that is used with the 360 box. Each remote pairs one to one with the box, it does not use infra-red (IR). This means you can only use one remote with a box and not multiple.

The following applies to the 360 box but since they both run the Horizon interface then should also work with the stream box.

You can use some third party remotes such as the OneForAll URC7125 - use the SimpleSet setup process and choose Ziggo as the manufacturer.

There's also the OneForAll1240 - if you enter code 1582, It's not as expensive as the URC7125 and has 4 selects for tv/sat/amp/dvd.  I found I needed direct line of sight to set up the 1240 (I haven't got the 7125)

Some TV's smart remotes also work with the 360 box. I have an LG and can set it up to control my 360.

Some TV's recognise the box as Virgin, with others you may need to search for Ziggo, or Ziggo Mediabox Next.

You can also control the Stream box by using the Virgin TV Go app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

sambartle
On our wavelength

Both are brand new stream remotes. Trying to pair both to a single stream box.

Thanks Dave,

That definitely seems correct, however what is weird then.. is the stream instructions specifically tell you that to pair you must point the remote at the stream box and hold down the 2 buttons.... The specific instruction to point it at it, implies IR is used to trigger the pairing on the box.. 

See: Stream Remote Control Not Working | Virgin Media Help
" First, point it at the Stream box and then press the TV button and 0 at the same time for 10 seconds. Next, holding the Stream remote, press the TV button and 0 at the same time for 10 seconds."

The first part only makes sense if its using IR to initiate the pairing on the box. 

Ill have a go with a universal remote when I get home. (Though I'm not sure why they would have included IR at all on the stream if the remote doesn't have it) 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sambartle, 

Thank you for your reply and for confirming the equipment you are using. 

It looks like newapollo has been able to provide the information regarding the connection for the remote and set top box. 

Please do let us know if you have any further questions or require any assistance. 

Thanks, 

Nat