NorthantsPete
On our wavelength

So kids agreed to pay for sky sports and they want it in their room

How can i do this under virgin?

Currently have stream and broadband

10 REPLIES 10

stevemorgan
Superfast

As it stands you can only have one stream box.

There is no multiroom option with stream, therefore the only way to have it in their room is move the box to their room.

Can I watch via another device such as a PC or tablet or mobile phone and cast to TV?

You can use the Virgin Go app with stream, I am sure casting is not possible. Certainly isn't via iPad

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Pete 🙂

I'm afraid you can't cast Sky Sports, but I've found I can connect both a laptop and a PC via HDMI cable to the TV and watch Sky Sports.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

NorthantsPete
On our wavelength

why are we having these issues in 2023, every device should be able to play anything these days

IF an app has more than 100k subscribers it should be mandatory to have on your Stream box  ie. Discovery+, Eurosport App etc.

and i should be able to buy 5 stream boxes and use them all under my houses IP address

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@NorthantsPete wrote:

why are we having these issues in 2023, every device should be able to play anything these days

IF an app has more than 100k subscribers it should be mandatory to have on your Stream box  ie. Discovery+, Eurosport App etc.

and i should be able to buy 5 stream boxes and use them all under my houses IP address

These are not VMs restrictions. They are the broadcasters/channel owners restrictions. The boxes belong to VM, you just rent them. Hence you cannot just put anything you like on them. Everything is subject to a wholesale agreement. Apps & their development for Horizon use is also at the expence of each broadcaster.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

I'm inclined to think that you'd be better served with a 360 box and a mini box in the kids' bedroom. And if you know what programmes you want you just record them (always better than using Catchup).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

i didnt see any 360 deals - how do i get one?

hang on, just one stream but you can have multiple 360s?

that sounds like a vm restriction