cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Greatest Hits Premium

RHomer
Joining in

Can you download the Greatest Hit App on Virgin Media? 
I have found Radioline but I have paid for Ad Free Premium, so need to log in etc. 

tganjs 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RHomer 

I'm afraid there isn't an option within the radioline app to sign in.

Also VM set top bxes don't have the option to download standalone apps, the apps they do have are specifivally made by the boradcasters to run on VM equipment.

You would either need to contact Radioline and ask them if they would recode (at their expense) the VM set top box apps to accomadate signing in with an account, or you would need to download their app on a smart TV/firestick etc to make use of that function.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @RHomer 

I'm afraid there isn't an option within the radioline app to sign in.

Also VM set top bxes don't have the option to download standalone apps, the apps they do have are specifivally made by the boradcasters to run on VM equipment.

You would either need to contact Radioline and ask them if they would recode (at their expense) the VM set top box apps to accomadate signing in with an account, or you would need to download their app on a smart TV/firestick etc to make use of that function.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for that, it's what I thought - I don't have a smart TV . . need to get one!! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @RHomer 

It might be a good idea to look at getting a firestick. They are currently reduced on Amazon - far cheaper than buying a smart TV.

Whilst the radioline app itself isn't available on the firestick, you can go to the site in a browser and log in with your Radioline paid account

It has nearly all the apps you would receive on a smart TV and the apps are constantly updated. It connects to any HDMI port on your TV

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Ok, thanks. 
But I would rather keep my Virgin Media box on rather than my whole TV. So could Virgin Media update their list of Apps on the TiVo box to include Greatest Hits Radio in the future?  

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@RHomer wrote:

Ok, thanks. 
But I would rather keep my Virgin Media box on rather than my whole TV. So could Virgin Media update their list of Apps on the TiVo box to include Greatest Hits Radio in the future?  

Hi again @RHomer 

If the TV was turned off then you wouldn't be able view/listen to any channels/apps on the VM box.

The TIVO box is being phased out and no longer supplied to new customers so it won't be receiving new apps.

Any broken Tivo boxes are now swapped out for the V6 box which also runs on the Tivo platform, however that box may also not be receiving new apps.

All new customers receive the TV360 box which is based on the Horizon operating system. This does receive the new apps, although it's very unlikely that Greatest Hits Radio would find it financially viaable for them to produce a standalone app for VM and pay VM to have it on their set top boxes (it would be the same with Sky boxes etc) 

As it stands  Greatest Hits Radio is available via the radioline app even though you can't sign in, and as per my other post, you would need to contact the app developers and ask if it is possible/viable for them to update the app to allow a sign in option for the various stations.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hi, 

I optically link the TiVo box to my Sound Bar so often listen to RadioLine or BBC Sounds without TV on! 
But, yes, I will certainly contact Greatest Hits to add to VM and even RadioLine to see if they could add a sign in page etc. 

Thanks so much for your replies, so far.